Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Enrichment Rule for updating Location attribute for windows CIs

Hi Team,

I have ucmdb 10.10 on windows. I have around 200 windows CI and want to update location attribute. Location attribute value is not same for all widnows CIs and it is different.  Please help me with clear steps. Currently location attribute is blank.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Enrichment Rule for updating Location attribute for windows CIs

I suggest reviewing chapter 12 in the Modeling Guide on the Enrichment Manager if you are not familiar with Enrichments.

You may need to create an enrichment per location and there are multiple ways to use an Enrichment to do this. This is just one example.

Find what commonality each Windows server in a location has

Like all Windows servers in location A are in subnet(s) X.X.X.A and Windows servers in location D are in subnet(s) X.X.X.D

The following process will use this subnet example and you will have to edit this process for your environment

Create a new enrichment for location A with a base TQL in Query mode of IPSubnet CIT with a Membership relationship to  Windows CIT

In the Query Node Properties of the IPSubnet CI, qualify the IPSubnets of Location A

If you are using CIDR, use Display Label to qualify IP Subnets

In the Query Node Properties of the Windows CI, qualify the Windows CIs with Discovered Location attribute is null so the enrichment does not keep on working when unncessary

Go to Enrichment Mode and right-click on the Windows CI and select Update Query Node. Select on the Discovered Location attribute and for the value field enter Location A and click on the save then OK buttons.

Now when you run this Enrichment, all Windows Servers in subnet X.X.X.A will have Location A in the Discovered Location attribute.

Repeat for the other locations. You can also do a Save As on an Enrichment and modify it

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.