Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Enrichment rule not working in HP UD 10.10

Hi,

I am using HP UD 10.10 on Windows OS.

I am creating an Enrichment rule to populate the "Node" CIT attributes in the "Database" CIT. For e.g. I want to populate the "Discovered Model" and "Serial Number" attributes of "Node" CIT into "Database" CIT(I have created custom attributes to populate this data in Database CIT). The Cardinality is set to (Node:Database) as 1:* I am mapping the attribute from Node CIT to Database CIT in the Enriichment tab for Update action.

But then the rule is not working as it is not populating the custom attributes with the respective values in the Database CIT.

Please help me know with any inputs on this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Enrichment rule not working in HP UD 10.10

First you need to verify the custom attributes you created are visible and editable in CI Type Manager

In the enrichment in, Enrichment Mode, right-click on the Database CIT and select Update Query Node

Select your custom attribute, in this example its Note, select Advanced and select ...

In the Advanced Attribute window, select the Add icon

For Type, select By Attribute

For Value, select Node

For Advanced Value select DiscoveredModel

You should now see the attribute with the value as Node:DiscoveredModel

In order to prevent the enrichment from actively running on Database CIs

Go to Query Mode and right-click on the Database CI Type and select Query Node Properties

Add your custom attribute is null

In this example I'm using Note

When you turn on the enrichment, this enrichment will only work on Database CIs that have an empty custom attribute.

And it will add the related Node's DiscoveredModel to the Database custom attribute.

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.