Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Error Importing Credentials and Ranges Information in other uCMDB

Jump to solution

Hi:

We have 2 uCMDB (production and test). we want the same credentials in our uCMDB test, so we export the credentials in the production environment trough the JMX method "exportCredentialsAndRangesInformation".

We specify customer id as 1, a filename, a password and mark true for "isEncryption" and false for "IncludeProbeRange" (we need only the credentials and not the range)

The file export successfully in hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\conf\discovery\customer_1\xxxx

But when we import it in the uCMDB test, previouly we have copied the file in the same structure folder, the JMX says:

Failed importing Credentials and Ranges Information document
null

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi,

Good news. I've done the test with the encryption settings in false and import in the other ucmdb.

The credentials had import sucessfully but without the passwords. (i guess the encryption setting is mandatory to export the "sensitive information" like passwords as the JMX exportCredentialsAndRangesInformation method says ). When i tried to check the credentials against a machine it fails with "bad username or password"

One more time, again,  I've done the test with the encryption settings in true and import in the other ucmdb.

This time the import was sucessfully, and i have all credentials and passwords. When i tried to check the credentials it runs with no errors.

I think the first import (without encryptions) did something in the ucmdb that makes the second import (with encryption) runs with no erros.

Thanks for the indications.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi ,

Please do the test with a encrypted setting in false and try to import the information via txt . Share the results.

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi,

Good news. I've done the test with the encryption settings in false and import in the other ucmdb.

The credentials had import sucessfully but without the passwords. (i guess the encryption setting is mandatory to export the "sensitive information" like passwords as the JMX exportCredentialsAndRangesInformation method says ). When i tried to check the credentials against a machine it fails with "bad username or password"

One more time, again,  I've done the test with the encryption settings in true and import in the other ucmdb.

This time the import was sucessfully, and i have all credentials and passwords. When i tried to check the credentials it runs with no errors.

I think the first import (without encryptions) did something in the ucmdb that makes the second import (with encryption) runs with no erros.

Thanks for the indications.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.