Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Error when checking the ssh credentials

Jump to solution

Their VMS server  have ssh on this server enabled.

UCMDB9.05  CUP3  cp 11

But when using the "check credentials" button, it comes with communication failed message,the message is

error: com.mindbright.ssh2.SSH2FatalException: Key exchange failed: Failed to connect to server: Timeout (uc) dI <Failed to connect to server: Timeout> dI.notify false <null> wFKC.waited false true wFKC.done <false>

The server is accessible through putty’s ssh, I’m using the same credentials as in uCMDB/putty.

I tried to manually using the mindterm.jar under DataFlowProbe/content/lib to connect to this server, it can be connected, could you kindly help solve this problem?

change the ‘connection timeout’ default 25000 to 250000, but it still show the failed.

The below is Host Connection by Shell_ex_48d26590a11680c0a543fdb572091124.record

<prop name="protocol_index" value="3" />
   <prop name="protocol_timeout" value="250000" />
   <prop name="credentialsId" value="179_1_CMS" />
   <prop name="encoding" value="Cp1252" />
   <prop name="sshprotocol_sudo_commands" value="" />
   <prop name="sshprotocol_keypath" value="" />
   <prop name="cm_credential_id" value="179_1_CMS" />
   <prop name="sshprotocol_shell_env_sep_char" value="AutoDetect" />
   <prop name="protocol_type" value="sshprotocol" />
   <prop name="protocol_netaddress" value="DEFAULT" />
   <prop name="sshprotocol_authmode" value="password" />
   <prop name="sshprotocol_prompts" value="login as:,password" />
   <prop name="protocol_port" value="22" />
   <prop name="sshprotocol_version" value="SSH2" />
   <prop name="user_label" value="" />
   <prop name="protocol_username" value="itsm" />
   <prop name="sshprotocol_sudo_paths" value="" />
  </ClientProperties>
 </CONNECT>
 <log start="15:5:3" severity="debug">SSH: Connection timed out</log>
 <log start="15:5:3" severity="debug">Reporting error code 401 to framework.</log>
 <log start="15:5:3" severity="debug">Error message is: SSH: Connection timed out</log>
 <log start="15:5:3" severity="debug">Reporting error code 401 to framework.</log>
 <log start="15:5:3" severity="debug">Error message is: SSH: Connection timed out</log>

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Error when checking the ssh credentials

Jump to solution

the problem with the IS0/IS1 servers is solved now. I’ve tested the discovery and it’s works too, a view called “OpenVMS resources” also been created for view all OpenVMS related resources.

I’ll replace the discovered CI to replace manually-created CI in SMS and FMS view later.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

the problem with the IS0/IS1 servers is solved now. I’ve tested the discovery and it’s works too, a view called “OpenVMS resources” also been created for view all OpenVMS related resources.

I’ll replace the discovered CI to replace manually-created CI in SMS and FMS view later.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

How was the issue resolved?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.