Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Error when trying to delete Monitored By attribute from CIT Node

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to delete Monitored By attribute on CIT Node in my UCMDB class model.

But when I try to do that I'm getting this type of error message:

This method is not supported for aggregated-derived-concrete-layout

Part of UCMDB server error log is attached. 

Why I'm deleting Monitored By attribute is that I'm trying to create it on parent InfrastructureElement CIT because of NNM push integration which prerequisite is that Monitored By attribute exists.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I managed to solve the problem by restarting UCMDB app server.

After restart I managed to delete attribute on the node level and add it again on the InfrastructureElement level.

Strange but it worked.

Regards,

Damir

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Error.jpg is renamed zip file so just rename it to error.zip to see error log in archive. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

In ucmdb this attribute should not exist at all OOTB.  Is it ucmdb or rtsm where you have this problem? And how come this attribute is from Node level. If I remember correctly this attribute in rtsm is inherited so it should come from an upper level and not from Node.

Regards,

Diana

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Diana.

Monitored by was not part of the OOTB class model in UCMDB.

Because I was importing nodes from RTSM I needed this attribute so I manually created it.

I created this attribute in UCMDB on Node level instead of InfrastrucuteElement so I wanted to fix this mistake and recreate it on correct level so it can be inherited on lower levels.

Regards,

Damir

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Damir,

That makes it indeed a bit more complicated, the right way would have been to insert it from the beginning from the top level.

I don't know what the error message means honestly but I have seen it before, might be related to a specific ucmdb version or qualifier the attribute has. So I would open a case with support, specifying the version of ucmdb and the xml of the node class so they can try to reproduce it and see what is causing it.

Regards,

Diana

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I managed to solve the problem by restarting UCMDB app server.

After restart I managed to delete attribute on the node level and add it again on the InfrastructureElement level.

Strange but it worked.

Regards,

Damir

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.