Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Exclude defined set of IP addresses from discovery

Hello uCMDB users / experts.

We are running a uCMDB 10.11 with UD.
We can see a lot of errors in the discovery jobs summary.
In order to willow out the false alarms, we are now in the process of fine-tuning the discovery ranges.
We are currently concentrating on the "Host Connection" discovery module.

(1) I would like to exclude a set of IP addresses from the discovery, based on associated node's attribute.
The problem here is how to define the Input / Trigger TQLs so they will exclude IPs according to node attribute.
(2) I would like to exclude a set of IP addresses from the discovery, based on an IP address list I have (containing a few thousands entries).
The problem here is how to define the Input / Trigger TQLs so they will exclude IPs according to a given list.

Does anyone have any idea how I can acheive this?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Binyamin Kisch
Professional Application Services, Monitoring Team
Bezeq International, Information Technology

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Exclude defined set of IP addresses from discovery

Hello,

Hope  are more than great. 

You can configure the managment zone also the dataflowprobe setup, ranges or create custom tql from trigger tql, however managment zone can be easier. 

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Exclude defined set of IP addresses from discovery

Hello Ricardo.

Thank you for your response.

Management zones could help us if we could have filtered by ranges. The problem is that I did all the ranges filtering on the Probe Ranges level - all ranges that remain are neccarry for discovery, and have a lot of "garbage" in them, that we need to exclude.

The question is, how can we acheive this?

Thank you,
Binyamin Kisch.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.