Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Experts Day Question: LDAP Discovery Fails for One Domain but not Others

We used to be able to discover one of our three Active Directory domains without issue.  The credentials check out fine, the certificate is not expired and is in the proper keystores.

I see this error, but the logs reveal nothing useful that I can tell:

<< Progress message, Severity: Fatal>>
Error processing results, for more details please check UCMDB server log files
 Recommended log files on UCMDB: error.log, cmdb.reconciliation.log, mam.autodiscovery.log

Tags (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Experts Day Question: LDAP Discovery Fails for One Domain but not Others

Hello,
Can you please reproduce the problem and attach the mam.autodiscovery.log? Also point the timestamp when getting error.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

I can do that, but I would be much better served by knowing what I should be looking for in that log.  I would prefer to be taught how to fish.  Is there a comprehensive, stem-to-stern troubleshooting guide?  In other words, why have the UD app tell me to look at a log, only to upload it for others to review?  I want to know what to look for in the log, so I can learn how to effectively troubleshoot on my own.  Like I say, I am able, even willing, to upload the log, but would prefer to start by knowing what it is I should be looking for in the log.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Ok.
Create a communication log for this job with a results.
In that log you can find discovered temporary CI objects.

Once the job has sent that CIs to the server they are going through some reconcilations procedures, during which the error occurred. You should read the DataFlowProbe management guide (Part reconcilation) to understant the passing data.

So you should find in logs where and processing of which CIs was failed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Also looks at the HP uCMDB Administrator Guide (Chapter UCMDB Server Administration --> Log Files --> Data-in Log Files). There are decriptions about each log file.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

"Error processing results" is most cases showing that something happend during  data-in operation on UCMDB server side.

To get better understanding here is a flow:

1. To check Communication log with results, to see what was discovered.

2. To check WrapperGW.log on the probe side to see if results wasn't filtered by redundant filter (it shows as 2->0). Use timestamp and Job name to find it out.

3. Then check autodiscovery.log on UCMDB side to see if results were recieved on server side.

4. Check reconciliation.audit.log to see summary on the data-in operation.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.