Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

External source import: mysql fails with "SQL Internal Error: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm in a sticky situation. After upgrading from 10.22(CP18) to 2019.05 (with a pit-stop for 2019.02 on the way, as is required), my integration that is reading from a mysql database has broken.

No changes were made, and on 10.22 it ran perfectly with no issues.
On 2019.02 (and 05 now), the integration does not run, and returns an error:
"SQL: Internal error. Details: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver".

Communication log is a bit more usefull:
ERROR class="java.lang.ClassNotFoundException"

<message>[CDATA: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver]</message>

Again, all settings SHOULD be ok, as this has been working for YEARS beforehand. No config changes were done at all. It seems to be something borked on the Content Pack install. Anyone help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: External source import: mysql fails with "SQL Internal Error: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

Jump to solution

... and solved.

I Found, on the probe, a "mysql-connector-java.jar" on c:\UCMDB\DataflowProbe\old\lib.

I copied it over to dataflowprobe\lib, problem solved.

Now the mystery: This was a NEW installation of the probe, on a new, clean OS (we took the opportunity to upgrade OS to Winserver 2016).

Why the /old dir? why was this file in particular not on the correct place? What other files might I be missing?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: External source import: mysql fails with "SQL Internal Error: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

Jump to solution

... and solved.

I Found, on the probe, a "mysql-connector-java.jar" on c:\UCMDB\DataflowProbe\old\lib.

I copied it over to dataflowprobe\lib, problem solved.

Now the mystery: This was a NEW installation of the probe, on a new, clean OS (we took the opportunity to upgrade OS to Winserver 2016).

Why the /old dir? why was this file in particular not on the correct place? What other files might I be missing?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Daniel,

we use old named directories only for backup reasons so that probe was upgraded. I can't see why we would create that directory during a fresh install.

Did you deploy the probe as 2019.02 and afterwards it automatically upgraded to 2019.05?

Regarding the missing JDBC driver, we had some changes lately due to some licensing issues if I remember correctly and we no longer deliver the probe with all the JDBC drivers. If it's an upgraded probe then it will inherit those drivers but a newly deployed probe won't have the JDBC drivers.

For MySql discovery you will have to include the JDBC drivers as described in https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_Discovery_Content_Pack:2019.08/MDSql

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

indeed, the /old probably was from the 2019.02 intermediate step on the way to 2019.05. That is explained.

Your link explains the second part - the .jar for mysql is no longer bundled, and must be acquired separately. (Unfortunate, but inevitable, due to licensing issues).
Problem solved, and mysteries explained.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.