Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Facing issues in DB discovery. (HP UD)

Jump to solution

Hello Experts,

I'm facing issues in MSSQL DB discovery using HPUD. I'm adding the IP's of the servers for scanning.But the DB's (MSSQL) are installed on virtual Clusters & listening to the virtual IP's & having customized ports.

Issue 1 : As there are too many ports i ended up in adding credentials for each port.I'm not providing any IP for the credenytials,but setting the I range as "ALL" .Is there any way to overcome adding credentials for each port ?

Issue 2: As the MSSQL DB's are listening to the virtual IP's ,the MSSQL connection job is getting failed.In communiction log its complete connection refused errors,but if i test with server name in DB credentails i'm able to connect that database.

So please provide a solution for this.Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks,

Raj

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Facing issues in DB discovery. (HP UD) Failed to calculate attribute attribute:

Jump to solution
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Facing issues in DB discovery. (HP UD)

Jump to solution

Do you mind sharing the comm log?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Facing issues in DB discovery. (HP UD)

Jump to solution

Attaching the communication log of 2 servers.

Thanks in advance for the support.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Facing issues in DB discovery. (HP UD) Failed to calculate attribute attribute:

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm getting the below errors in error.log while running the MSSQL DB discovery.

Caused by: com.hp.ucmdb.reconciliation.datain.operation.DataInOperationException: [ErrorCode [63000] Reconciliation DataIn general error.]
appilog.framework.shared.manage.impl.MamResponseException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
CMDB Operation Internal Error: class java.lang.RuntimeException : Failed to calculate attribute attribute: name [root_iconproperties] type [string] isFactory [true] isUserUpdated [false] size limit [100] within class [sqlserver] : operation Model Update: Update model with bulk of operations in mixed OPTIMISTIC/STRICT mode : class com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.base.CmdbException :
CMDB Internal Error: Error while handling request: {request: ID='3ff5711107a355bb75b24e5bd3fc0ead' Message='General CMDB request' Operation='com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.model.operation.update.impl.bulk.ModelUpdateBulksMixed@53db152b' Customer ID='1'
Context='CMDB Context: Customer id = '1' , User ID = '911' , Caller Application = 'AutoDiscovery''}
at com.hp.ucmdb.reconciliation.datain.operation.AbstractDataInUpdateOperation.updatePersistency(AbstractDataInUpdateOperation.java:316)
at com.hp.ucmdb.reconciliation.datain.operation.AbstractDataInUpdateOperation.handleBulk(AbstractDataInUpdateOperation.java:662)
... 51 more
Caused by: appilog.framework.shared.manage.impl.MamResponseException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
appilog.framework.shared.manage.impl.MamResponseException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
CMDB Operation Internal Error: class java.lang.RuntimeException : Failed to calculate attribute attribute: name [root_iconproperties] type [string] isFactory [true] isUserUpdated [false] size limit [100] within class [sqlserver] : operation Model Update: Update model with bulk of operations in mixed OPTIMISTIC/STRICT mode : class com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.base.CmdbException :
CMDB Internal Error: Error while handling request: {request: ID='3ff5711107a355bb75b24e5bd3fc0ead' Message='General CMDB request' Operation='com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.model.operation.update.impl.bulk.ModelUpdateBulksMixed@53db152b' Customer ID='1'
Context='CMDB Context: Customer id = '1' , User ID = '911' , Caller Application = 'AutoDiscovery''}

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.