Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Fresh uCMDB 10.32 Install doesnt start

I have a big problem.

A fresh install of uCMDB 1030, then upgraded to 1032 does NOT start.

Symptom:

error.log:

Failure starting jetty server

Caused by: [...] Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect, java.io.Exception: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

Now, I have only installed it, created a NEW MSSQL database (on another server), then let 10.30 startup fully, shutdown 10.30, install 10.32.

I did NOTHING else.

On 10.32 installation, I have put in as requested keystore and trustore passwords. Both are the same passwords, and the special character is "." (Using a "%" makes the install program thrown an error saying it could not set the password).

NOTE: in /conf/security, both server.keystore and server.trustore exist, and have the password I set in the installation wizard.

They also contain a few entries, like "hpcert" and "hpprobe". So I'd guess its a jetty config issue..

What is going on? This has my project screeching to a halt...

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Fresh uCMDB 10.32 Install doesnt start

Hi,

before upgrade to 10.32 you should backup UCMDBServer\conf folder.

After upgrade you need to create server-storepass.conf file in UCMDBServer\conf 

File:

enable.fips.mode=false
ssl.server.keystore.password=hppass
ssl.server.truststore.password=hppass
user.install.dir=C\:\\hp\\UCMDB\\UCMDBServer

Then replace server.truststore and server.keystore.

That's all. Your server will start.

this is because HPE in UCMDB 10.32 installer asks for keystore and truststore passwords, but they didn't ask it before. Default password is hpass. If you have changed the passwords before you should replace hppass in server-storepass.conf to your passwords.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

hey,

thanks for this hint. I had the same problem after installing UCMDB 10.33 (no upgrade).

what do you mean with "replace server.truststore and server.keystore"? Changing the password in the conf file? or changing the files in the UCMDB directory?

another question: in the release notes of 10.32, HP is mentioning a script called "keystoregen.bat" (windows) but this is not in the folder

"<UCMDB_Server_Home>\tools\security". where do I find it?

Best regards,

marcus

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I am having the same issue.

I have created the server-storepass.conf file but still getting the same error.

The passwords match the truststore and keystore passwords and i can list the certs in both keystores using the keytool, so i know that the passwords are correct.

Do you need to encrypt them within the server-storepass.conf file?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

what do you mean with "replace server.truststore and server.keystore"? Changing the password in the conf file? or changing the files in the UCMDB directory?

Change the passwords to hppass. If you don't have server-storepass.conf you need create it in UCMDBServer\conf 

another question: in the release notes of 10.32, HP is mentioning a script called "keystoregen.bat" (windows) but this is not in the folder

"<UCMDB_Server_Home>\tools\security". where do I find it?

In my UCMDB the file is in the place.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Fresh uCMDB 10.33 Install doesnt start

I installed 10.33 application was accessible good.

then took DB refresh from prod instance after that application is inaccessible, getting error as mentioned below.

Starting Jetty server ...
2018-01-30 22:14:20,285  ERROR  [WrapperSimpleAppMain] - Failure starting jetty server
MultiException[java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect, java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect]
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:329)

Please suggest..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

you will notice that starting with UCMDB 10.32 we have 2 new URM settings ssl.server.keystore.password and ssl.server.trustsore.password which will be populated during startup with what we entered in the installer.

For various reasons, this flow can break and we have the mismatch.

RnD provided a troubleshooting scenario here --> https://docs.microfocus.com/UCMDB/10.33/ucmdb-docs/docs/eng/doc_lib/Content/admin/ConfigManagDB_tr_trouble_limits.htm?Highlight=keystore

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

I am encountered the same issue but I am not able to find the correct suggestion from the RnD tip (url: https://docs.microfocus.com/UCMDB/10.33/ucmdb-docs/docs/eng/doc_lib/Content/admin/ConfigManagDB_tr_trouble_limits.htm?Highlight=keystore).

Question:

How can I know whether my installation is in FIPS mode or not?

What is the <alias> parameter value?

I applied the "Troubleshooting Keystore and Truststore - Non-FIPS mode, Solution A" provided that my file verify_store_pass.log contains the following: 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

avr. 12, 2019 5:07:39 PM com.hp.ucmdb.install.VerifyStorePassExistence install
INFO: Start checking if C:\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\conf\security\server-storepass.conf exists.
avr. 12, 2019 5:07:39 PM com.hp.ucmdb.install.VerifyStorePassExistence checkStorePassExistence
INFO: server-storepass.conf file exists and it contains keystore
avr. 12, 2019 5:07:39 PM com.hp.ucmdb.install.VerifyStorePassExistence checkStorePassExistence
INFO: server-storepass.conf file exists and it contains truststore
avr. 12, 2019 5:07:39 PM com.hp.ucmdb.install.VerifyStorePassExistence install
INFO: Finish checking server-storepass.conf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the issue persists!

I need your help please. (Attached verify_store_pass.log + startup.log)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Any update please on   my message ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

have just installed UCMDB 10.33 on windows. have chosen the PostGre SQL database that comes along with the UCMDB installation package. Operation completed successfully (after providing the schema details)

however when we try to start UCMDB, it says ...

2019-11-04 11:57:35,105 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] (JettyManager.java:189) ERROR - Failure starting jetty server
MultiException[java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind, java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind]

the error log found in the folder ...C:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\runtime\log

its saying ...Address already in use: which address is already in use ?
Apache Tomcat is also hosted on the same machine and SM webtier is running fine on port 8080.

any ideas ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Dear @HPtoMF,
By default UCMDB Service Port is defined as 8080 on which Apache Tomcat services are already running as you mentioned. Change the port to 80 or any other http port and then start the UCMDB server.

To change UCMDB Service Port:
Go to C:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\conf\
Open settings.override.properties
Add the line:
jetty.connections.http.port=80
Save the file and restart the UCMDB services.

I hope this will resolve the issue.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.