Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Generic Adapter Development

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a generic adapter and i'm following the developer reference guide chapter 8 "Developing Generic Adapter". I'm however stuck/confuse on the implement the PushAdapterConnector Interface

Have anyone done this step and can provide some detail on how to implement the PushAdapterConnector Interface? 

Do I copy the provided connector code into a .java file and zip that up as a jar? 

When I added the following reference as stated in the reference guide I keep gettin an error saying it cannot find the class.

<adapter-setting name="PopulationConnector.class.name">com.hp.ucmdb.connector.dummy.DummyPopulationConnector</adapter-setting>
            <adapter-setting name="PushConnector.class.name">com.hp.ucmdb.connector.dummy.DummyPushConnector</adapter-setting>

Any advice is appreciate.

Thank you,

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Generic Adapter Development

HI

In the document, you can find out these:

Generic Adapter API:
The API exposed by the Generic Adapter framework is:
<UCMDB_Server>\lib\push-interfaces.jar
<UCMDB_Server>\lib\integrationFramework\GenericAdapter\generic-adapter-apifactory.jar
The development of your Generic Adapter instance might also require the Federation API:
<UCMDB_Server>\lib\federation-api.jar

PushAdapterConnector is in the push-interfaces.jar, so you may want to take a look.

"HP Support

if you find this or any post resovles your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say Thanks"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Generic Adapter Development

How does the testConnection is handle?

It seem like when i click test connection, it said succeed but it not actually connecting to anything. 

I tried to put in bogus connection detail and it still said suceedd.

Screenshot - 4_19_2017 , 4_35_18 PM.jpg

Do we have to setup and additional class for establishing connection?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.