Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Generic Database Adapter , Troubleshooting ?

Are there guidelines available for troubleshooting the development of an custom adapter based on the GDBA? We built an adapter following the guidelines in Developer's Reference but we are stuck. Is  HP Support willing to help with that? (I assume not)

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Generic Database Adapter , Troubleshooting ?

Hi Sanjit,

I found the  following  manual attached to this post. We hope this information will help you

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

thanks, this is the document we used to create the adapter, it doesnt help us with the troubleshooting.

Anybody out there who created such an adapter and can share the experience ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Sanjit;

I wrote a bit more concice document for GDBA... it contains very little in the way of troubleshooting though.  Perhaps it will help you.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Keith, I will study the document and post the outcome ...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Keith, i checked the guide you provided, thanks again. I think I did it the right way , but the adapter still fails to run.

Maybe you can point me in the right direction.

The error from the integration studio is like this:

Failed initializing the datastore. adapterID:EntuityIntegration destID:Integrationentuity  ERROR:com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.AdapterAccessFailedToStartAdapterException: [ErrorCode [850] Integration Point cannot start{Integrationentuity}]
Failed to start adapter [Integrationentuity].com.mercury.topaz.fcmdb.adapters.dbAdapter.dal.command.exception.FcmdbDalException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
Can't create dynamic java classes

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.