Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Get UCMDB attributes from adapter code

Hi,

I have developed a customized push adapter based on the generic push adapter. 

When I get the link data from Framework via Framework.getTriggerCIData('addResult') it gives me the local CI ID (mamId) for all link endpoints (DiscoveryID1 and DiscoveryID2 in the XML). I would like to use this ID to fetch the global_id attribute for these CIs which is used as unique ID in my integration. Is there something I have access to from my adapter context that I can use to build a query and fetch an attribute from a CI based on the CI ID?

<link targetRelationshipClass="" targetParent="u_ws_ucmdb_business_service" targetChild="u_ws_ucmdb_business_application" operation="add" mode="update_else_insert" nameSpace="" mamId="5892a608b3c34d6cba3a4351b96b1e51" id="end1id%5BUCMDB%0Abusiness_service%0A1%0Ainternal_id%3DSTRING%3D621ccd011846e300df8a1aba053ae23d%0A%5D%0Aend2id%5BUCMDB%0Abusiness_application%0A1%0Ainternal_id%3DSTRING%3Ddbc6d3f5b6b1b1257aaa3920748567f8%0A%5D%0AUCMDB%0Ausage%0A1%0Ainternal_id%3DSTRING%3D5892a608b3c34d6cba3a4351b96b1e51%0A">
        <field name="DiscoveryID1">621ccd011846e300df8a1aba053ae23d</field>
        <field name="DiscoveryID2">dbc6d3f5b6b1b1257aaa3920748567f8</field>
        <field name="end1Id">UCMDB%0Abusiness_service%0A1%0Ainternal_id%3DSTRING%3D621ccd011846e300df8a1aba053ae23d%0A</field>
        <field name="end2Id">UCMDB%0Abusiness_application%0A1%0Ainternal_id%3DSTRING%3Ddbc6d3f5b6b1b1257aaa3920748567f8%0A</field>
        <field name="u_ucmdb_global_id" key="false" datatype="" length="">5892a608b3c34d6cba3a4351b96b1e51</field>
        <field name="u_ucmdb_class" key="false" datatype="" length="">usage</field>
        <field name="u_ucmdb_created" key="false" datatype="datetime" length="">1411993493</field>
        <field name="u_ucmdb_updated" key="false" datatype="datetime" length="">1411993493</field>
      </link>

Kind regards,

Malin

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Get UCMDB attributes from adapter code

Hello Mamama,

I hope you are doing well .

I am an UCDMB Support representative, and I will be researching according to your concern.

Please give me a bit more time and I’ll be back as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Mamama, 

I hope you are doing well . 

I reviewed and in the chapter 1 of this guide : https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00642630 we can obtain all the information of the adapters . 

Please review this information and please contact me if you need something else . 

Best Regards , 

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

I didn´t find anything in the recommended chapter that describes how I can retrieve a attribute from a CI with the IDs received as endpoints for a link that is retrieved as a push adapter result. What method can I use and what infomation, that I have access to in my context, should be used as input?

Kind regards,

Malin

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.