Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Get VMWare Tags with Discover

Hi

Is their a way to get VM Tags from VMWare with uD in order to stored it in "Tag" attribut of the "VMware Host Ressource" ?

I look for an option on discovery jobs for VCenter and I found nothing

Regards

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi ISSC,

For VMWare tags, it is not available OOTB. 

So, You need to customize the existing script or create  an adapter  by modifying  "Config parser Manual"  or "execute command manual"  jobs and store it in any attribute as you required. I have used Powercli commands for VMware, but never tried in UCMDB script.

I think one workaround would be ask VMware admin to create a file with vms and tags using a script and schedule it, and then use config parser job to grab the contents of the file periodically.

To include it in OOTB , it should be an enhancement through Idea Exchange.

Tag based Query/Modeling should be one of the key components in future releases.  So, hopefully MF will take this enhancement based on votes.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Bhaskar Badam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for the feed back.

So I agree, I would like to get tags from VMWare but it s not OoTB.
With the team, we know how to do that with an external script and using API.

But for the moment, we won't do anything as we can't really use tags for automate actions on uCMDB (like enrichment rules)

Hope next release will provide more features for using tags attributs

Regards

Erwan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.