Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

HP AM Push Adapter : OOB not working

Experts,

I am haivng HP AM v9.4  & UD 10.1

I am going with the OOB installation of HP AM and HP UD.

HP AM, I have completed the installation without any demo data added to new DB.

Followed the instruction for the integration of HP UD to HP AM push adapter setup. When I do the , test connection from HP UD integration point, I am getting varying error results.

Sometime I get th below error

com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.request.ProbeSideProcessorException: [ErrorCode [802] General Integration Error{UDToAM}] Test ConnectionFailed

--- Start of probe-side exception --- com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.fcmdb.dataAccess.exception.AdapterAccessGeneralException: [ErrorCode [802] General Integration Error{UDToAM}] Test ConnectionFailed  at com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.createAdapterAccessGeneralException(ExceptionConverter.java:331)  at com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.createAdapterAccessException(ExceptionConverter.java:165)  at com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.createAdapterAccessException(ExceptionConverter.java:65)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.process(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:74)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.process(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:27)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.adhoctasks.AdHocProbeRequestOperation.performAction(AdHocProbeRequestOperation.java:59)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.taskdispatcher.AdHocTaskDispatcher.dispatchTask(AdHocTaskDispatcher.java:70)  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)  at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:111)  at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:45)  at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:235)  at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:138)  at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:252)  at javax.management.StandardMBean.invoke(StandardMBean.java:405)  at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:819)  at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:792)  at javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler.invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:305)  at org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.doInvoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:405)  at org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.invoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:353)  at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)  at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)  at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy49.dispatchTask(Unknown Source)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probegw.managementtasks.adhoctasks.AdhocThread.run(AdhocThread.java:54)  at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:599)  at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:534)  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) Caused by: com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.exception.AMPushAdapterException: Test ConnectionFailed  at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.AMPushAdapter.testConnection(AMPushAdapter.java:52)  at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.push.AbstractPushAdapter.testConnection(AbstractPushAdapter.java:46)  at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.push.PushAdapter.testConnection(PushAdapter.java:549)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.TestConnectionProbeRequestProcessor.processFederationNoneLifeCycle(TestConnectionProbeRequestProcessor.java:18)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.TestConnectionProbeRequestProcessor.processFederationNoneLifeCycle(TestConnectionProbeRequestProcessor.java:12)  at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.process(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:63)  ... 25 more Caused by: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException  at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy51.startTransaction(Unknown Source)  at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.AMPushAdapter.testConnection(AMPushAdapter.java:49)  ... 30 more Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)  at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.AMApiProxy.invoke(AMApiProxy.java:36)  ... 32 more Caused by: Error (12,001): ODBC error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]Invalid connection. SQLSTate: 08001 ODBC: Unable to connect to database 'AMDS-16b0d664d2845e1dcbfbc9ee8' (UserId='amadmin') Unable to connect to this database engine.

Or sometimes I get the error stating that *.dll and *.jar files are missing.

But I have correctly placed them in the uCMDB Server / AMPushAdapter*/ discoveryresources/../*.jar and *.dll files.

Below are the steps which I completed so far.

1) Installed HP AM client to test the DB connection from the uCMDB server. It works well.

2) I have created the ODBC setup in c:\Windows\SysWow64\odbcad32.exe

3) I have copied the dll and jar files from the respectieve folders of HP AM to the HP uCMDB server directories.

4) Created the integration point. Mentioned the HP AM DB username and pwd as well as the HP AM application account

with admin privileges ID.

5) When I click on Test Connection from the integration point I get the mentioned errors.

IN one of the forums, it was mentioned that inorder to rectify this, we need to add the DF probe , lib directory path to the environment variables, this is also done in my system.

Please guide with the steps to fix this integration.

Thank you

Dev.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: HP AM Push Adapter : OOB not working

From the error message this is the cause of the error:

Caused by: Error (12,001): ODBC error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]Invalid connection. SQLSTate: 08001 ODBC: Unable to connect to database 'AMDS-16b0d664d2845e1dcbfbc9ee8' (UserId='amadmin') Unable to connect to this database engine.

Re-check connection from DFP to AM DB? 

Is this the name of your database? AMDS-16b0d664d2845e1dcbfbc9ee8

Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

Re: HP AM Push Adapter : OOB not working

Adding name of DB server to ipaddress of DB might help

for example hostname/IP: 192.168.0.1\SQLEXPRESS

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.