Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP UCMDB 10.01 SQL Server Database permission

I would like to know if is necessary the db_ddladmin permission in the UCMDB Database (SQL Server 2008), because the Customer doesn’t allow use this permission.
What are the permissions the UCMDB uses after the database created?

In the DatabaseGuide.pdf manual has the permissions in the UCMDB database. I ‘m not sure if these permissions are only to create database or if after the database created I need to use the permissions below:

Check whether the HP
Universal CMDB database
user has enough permissions
in the database

1. Log in to the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
with the user name you want to check.
2. Change the context of the database to the required
database.
3. Open a new query and do the following for each database:
select case when IS_MEMBER ('db_owner')=1
or IS_SRVROLEMEMBER ('sysadmin')=1
or (IS_MEMBER ('db_ddladmin') = 1 and
IS_MEMBER ('db_datareader')=1 and
IS_MEMBER ('db_datawriter')=1 and
IS_MEMBER ('db_denydatareader')=0 and
IS_MEMBER ('db_denydatawriter')=0
) then 'User has enough permissions'
else 'User does not have enough
permissions'
end

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP UCMDB 10.01 SQL Server Database permission

Hello BraveChen,

We don't recommend removing the db_ddladmin role based on the current ucmdb 10.01 documentation, Although it is not mention in there it may causes issues when installing a patch or during upgrades.

Best Regards,

Juan Calderon 

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.