Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP UCMDB 9.05 Enricment Rules Question

Jump to solution

Hello all!

I want to make that all Ci`s with type node automatically relate with one custom type CI.

In Enricment Rules i create query that contains two ci types without relations, and i create relationship between this ci types in enricment mode.
When i`m trying to save enricment rule i have en error "Node or relationship element in query is required".
When i add relationship in query mode between ci types error disappear, but i need to add relationship betwenn cis that no have any relations, so how i can make this? Query in Enricment rules can`t put to query result two ci type instances without relations? 

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP UCMDB 9.05 Enricment Rules Question

Jump to solution
Hi, You need to create a Join- Relationship between the two CIT in query mode, the join-relationship defines how the two CIt must be related ( for example by an attribute values) , then you can create the relationship in enrichment mode. I hope that this suggestion will be help. Regards, Patrizia

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi, You need to create a Join- Relationship between the two CIT in query mode, the join-relationship defines how the two CIt must be related ( for example by an attribute values) , then you can create the relationship in enrichment mode. I hope that this suggestion will be help. Regards, Patrizia

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Mastron,

What was the node condition that you would want to apply on your nodes? There are two challenges with your approach:

1) Without selecting any node condition even if the enrichment would have worked it would have inserted a relationship from each Node to each Custom CI.

2) If you are applying any node condition you would have to change it for each set of CIs, which is not a wise approach.

Obviously you need something common between both CITs like a attribute or some other factor and based on that you can insert the relationship.

Regards,

Puneet

Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.