Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

HP UCMDB 9.05 NTCMD: Network path is not accessible

Hello Experts !

I encounter issue while discovery as NTCMD: Network path is not accessible. 

Can anyone help me what ports needs to open for such case. Also the ports has to opened as bidirectional. 

Is there anything else i can do in order to resolve such issue.

Regards

UCMDB Learner 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: HP UCMDB 9.05 NTCMD: Network path is not accessible

Hi Ucmdb_Learner,

ucmdb 9.05, and the content packs that belong to it, are fairly old, and will not receive support anymore at the end of the year.

As the years spent, many OS and security patches, plus new security measure emerged on the OS side. Due to this, on many recent OS, the NTCMD job from the oldest Content Packs (like the ones of the 9.05), will not function anymore.

Recent versions of content packs (and then ucmdb) are required, to be able to use it to discover recent systems.

There was also a huge list of improvement and bugfixes that were shipped around it (more than 100).

That's why, it's heavily suggested to upgrade to the latest ucmdb releases and content packs, that allow for a better troubleshooting too.

Could you get a look into the most recent versions ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Hi Xavier,

I had a ticket with HP on same in which they replied 

On Probe Machine 

Locate the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\LanmanServer\\Parameters

o Right-click Parameters, and select the Details pane.

o If the AutoShareServer registry entry does not exist, in the Edit menu, select New> DWORD (32-bit) Value. Enter AutoShareServer, and click OK.

o Select AutoShareServer. In the Edit menu, select Modify, and in the Value box, type 1.

o Exit the Registry Editor, and restart the computer.

After this we have to check the following statement as well:

Enable local administrators to have full privileges by modifying the registry on remote machine as follows:

Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Policies\\system

Value LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy should be set to 1.

If this value is not available, create a new DWORD value and set it to

Restart the machine.

But after performing such activity i still face the same issue !!! Any help what ports has to get open

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

Some additional things that you can check:

- make sure that the probe service is started with a domain user and not a local one

- make sure that the discovery user has access to the Admin share folder on the target machine

- you can check the probe logs to see what is the exact step in which you get this error message; this will help you narrow down the possible root causes

Thanks and regards,

Ioana

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.