Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

HP UCMDB 9.05 "Enabling Aging = False"

Hello Experts !

I created some CIs manually and restricted it by changeing Enable Aging as False. But after every few hours i see that Enabling again changed to "TRUE".

Is there any other way of doing so ?

Regards,

UCMDB_Learner

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Re: HP UCMDB 9.05 "Enabling Aging = False"

Dear UCMDB Learner,

I am not aware of such problems in UCMDB v9.0x. In theory if on CI level you've set it to False, it should remain so. Unless someone or something else is not changing it. Could be an enrichment. Or an integration that has settings to set Aging to true on adapter level and then the CIs are merged that results into Aging = true.

Anyway, if you want to make a root cause analysis you'd better to turn on history logging on that CI Type, and then wait until it reproduces. Consequently in history of the CI you'd see the changer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi all,

There is an enabled aging action on adapter level as well. So basically if the CItype has it on false but on the adapter level it's set to true, any Cis discovered through that adapter will have it set to true.

Regards,

Diana

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Hi !

Thanks for help 

Can you please provide me the steps to check the aging at the adapter level to confirm once

Regards,

UCMDB Learner

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Dear UCMDB Learner,

For adapter level aging: navigate to Data Flow Management > Adapter Management > Your Adapter > Tab Adapter Configuration > Results Management panel. There you will see the option "Enable Aging".

From the Help:

"The aging mechanism specifies how long a period must pass in which CIs are discovered, before DFM treats these CIs as no longer relevant and removes them. Choose from one of the following aging options:

System Default: Use the system's default value for the Enable Aging attribute of each CI type.
Always Enabled: Select this option to always enable the aging mechanism.
Always Disabled: Select this option to always disable the aging mechanism.
The value you set here is for each CI result that is reported to the UCMDB by the jobs of this adapter.

For details on aging, see The Aging Mechanism Overview in the HP Universal CMDB Administration Guide"

Regards,

Alex.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Hi Expert,

This solution looks good incase i need to disable aging for all the CIs which are discovered using this adapter.

What if i have only few CIs whose data are getting udpated by many jobs like Host Connection By Shell, Host Resource And Application by Shell and some customize jobs.

Regards,

UCMDB Learner  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

If you want to disable it only for specific CIs, then you can only use an enrichment which should be scheduled to do this action after each rediscovery of those CIs.

Otherwise there are only actions to enable/disable it per CItype.  

Regards,

Diana 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.