Highlighted
Praveen_Shan
New Member.

HP UCMDB Browser - Connection to Server error

UCMDB Browser: Version 4.02.93

HP UD 10.20.CUP1.545

UD CP 15.02.169

Hello,

I see the below error message at an interval of every 3 seconds on the ucmdb_browser.log.  I have a feeling that this is causing other connectivity issues as well. Anything I need to know here ?

2015-08-25 16:27:03,670 ERROR [pool-6-thread-1] UcmdbConnectionImpl - Error while trying to get local service provider due to class loading conflict
2015-08-25 16:27:03,670 ERROR [pool-6-thread-1] UcmdbConnectionImpl - Unknown error on UCMDB connection for connection: server: localhost, customer: N/A
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.hp.ucmdb.api.server.local.LocalUcmdbServiceProvider cannot be cast to com.hp.ucmdb.api.UcmdbServiceProvider
at com.hp.ucmdb.api.LocalUcmdbServiceFactory.getServiceProvider(LocalUcmdbServiceFactory.java:15)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.server.ucmdb_connection.UcmdbConnectionImpl.initialize(UcmdbConnectionImpl.java:141)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.server.ucmdb_connection.UcmdbConnectionManager.getUcmdbConnection(UcmdbConnectionManager.java:42)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.server.configuration.CustomersRetrieverInitializerBean.retrieveAllConnectionsPerCustomer(CustomersRetrieverInitializerBean.java:108)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.server.configuration.CustomersRetrieverInitializerBean.access$000(CustomersRetrieverInitializerBean.java:40)
at com.hp.ucmdb_browser.server.configuration.CustomersRetrieverInitializerBean$1.run(CustomersRetrieverInitializerBean.java:68)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:351)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:178)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
5 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Melissa_C_UCMDB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: HP UCMDB Browser - Connection to Server error

Hello Praveen , 

I hope you are doing well . 

Do you have the UCMDB and the Browser on the same machine ? 

Please review this document : https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01252775

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Praveen_Shan
New Member.

Hi Melissa,

No, we are running the ucmdb browser on a different server.

The knowledge document you provided speaks about the installation process, which I already completed successfully.

My concern are these two error messages. I just need to know what they mean and how to address it.

2015-08-25 16:27:03,670 ERROR [pool-6-thread-1] UcmdbConnectionImpl - Error while trying to get local service provider due to class loading conflict
2015-08-25 16:27:03,670 ERROR [pool-6-thread-1] UcmdbConnectionImpl - Unknown error on UCMDB connection for connection: server: localhost, customer: N/A

Kindly oblige.

Praveen

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. Nathan L Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

I have the same issue. With the ucmdb browser on a seperate server... Did you resolve this?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

First off, you say you're running UCMDB Browser from a different system... yet the errors look like it's trying to connect to a localhost?  Those don't make sense.  Did you use the pre-configured Tomcat version?  It sounds like your configuration steps have not been followed.  Just FYI, you need to use a superintegration user to connect to UCMDB (by default UISysAdmin).  Can  you let me know which version of UCMDB browser and which version of the UCMDB server along with the type of UCMDB Browser installation.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

When you go to the url to the ucmdb browser, does it say that it is connecting to the default client or local server? I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I did see that it said local server when it needed to say default client. To fix my issue, I did the following steps:

On the UCMDB Server:

•Delete all the jetty cache from the runtime folder.
•Delete all the ucmdb browser folder from UCMDBserver/deploy
•Change the ucmdb-browser.war file in UCMDBserver/deploy
•Restart the server.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.