Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

HP UCMDB/ HP Connect IT

Jump to solution

Hi,

i have a problem creating relationship from HP Connect IT (9.53) to HP UCMDB 10.11.

I created a view on my SCCM DB where i join data from my desktop HW and desktop SW. I imported normalized SW data from SCCM trough HP Connect IT to HP UCMDB as standalone CI - ok no problem, that worked. I already have desktop HW data in my HP UCMDB. Now i tried to match SW and HW. I created query in UCMDB (Node CI with composition relationship to Installed_Software CI). When i run the scenario (for testing only on one CI - my machine) in HP Connect IT i get no error, everything looks ok, no error also on UCMDB side. Any idea what i'm doing wrong here?

The result should be: CI Node > relationship > CI Installed_Software

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Re: HP UCMDB/ HP Connect IT

Jump to solution

I managed to resolve the problem with my local HP support.

The problem was, that InstallesSoftware CI and Node CI needed additional relationship type - Usage in both directions. This was done in Modeling/Ci Type Manager/Dependencies tab.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Let me see if I get your issue straight:

1. You have an external repo containing Node and Software CIs, from which you populate a selection to UCMDB via ConnectIT. 

2. You populate Software, Nodes, plus the relationship between these to UCMDB

3. There are no errors to be seen during execution of the scenario

4. You are expecting a relationship between your ConnectIT host and some software element CIs, however these are not created.

There are a couple of logs where you can check on results of the population, like the mam.autodiscovery.log and the cmdb.reconciliation.log. Can you check those for any interesting errors relating to your population?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

I managed to resolve the problem with my local HP support.

The problem was, that InstallesSoftware CI and Node CI needed additional relationship type - Usage in both directions. This was done in Modeling/Ci Type Manager/Dependencies tab.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.