Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP UCMDB Integration with Microsoft AD

Jump to solution

Question - is there a way to integrate the UCMDB with MS AD so that there's not a single point of failure?  The integration process is pretty straightforward, but there is only (I think) a single url allowed.  Some other HP products allow for the entry of multiple AD servers so that if the primary is down, an alternate can be selected.

I'm not aware of any such mechanism in the HP UCMDB, and in the past we've solved this by pointing to a VIP and letting the availability issue be the problem of the Active Directory team.

Any other ways to solve that?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: HP UCMDB Integration with Microsoft AD

Jump to solution

Just found one exisitng http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1H73910 .

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

There is no option to connect to more than one LDAP (AD) at the moment. Valid point for ER, in my opinion...

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Just found one exisitng http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1H73910 .

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Dima - that helps.

Did we ever determine if there's an easy way to do a "me too" to an existing ER without having to bother support about it? I know KC was going to look, at one point, but I lost track of the answer.

Thanks for checking.

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Not really. I don't think this is what bother support. PMs need to be aware that specific feature is requered by our customers.

The workaround I could think about is to ping your HP account team. They usually have closer relationship with PMs 😄

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.