Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

HP UCMDB - Seeing different CI instances count between reader and writer servers

Jump to solution

HP UD 10.20.CUP1.545

UD CP 15.02.169

Hello all,

I've been using the LDAP link to access the UCMDB interface and out of curiosity launched the writer and reader servers separately using their individual URLs.

When I check the CI type manager, i see a difference in the CI instances count (For example, on the writer server I see windows (8022) and on the reader, windows (5935). 

Do you know why this happens and how to sync these numbers to match ?

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: HP UCMDB - Seeing different CI instances count between reader and writer servers

Jump to solution

Hi Keith,

Both our UCMDB instances are connected to the same DB.

This issue was resolved by stopping the UCMDB service on both servers, running the DB config wizard (Connect to existing schema) on both the servers and starting the service. The CI counts are now the same!

Thanks for all your help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: HP UCMDB - Seeing different CI instances count between reader and writer servers

Jump to solution

Hello,

I woudl like to know what is the impact that you are having with this? since are two different systems connected to the same DataBase.  

Also through load balancer can you see the correct amount of CI's?

Thank you,

Kind Reagrds.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Ricardo,

Appreciate your reply.

Through the load balancer, we see the numbers associated with a specific instance it connects to. Sometimes it is the reader and sometimes it connects to the writer instance.

There is no impact but don't you think data should be the same on both the instances as they are connected to the same DB ?

Will running the configuration wizard again help us ?

Kindly oblige.

Praveen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I would validate that they are both really using the same database.  Check out the <UCMDB_Install_Dir>\conf\cmdb.conf file to ensure the same DB server and the same instance are being used.  Moreover, check the URL:  http[s]://<UCMDB>:<port>/status to see the other nodes in the cluster and make sure you see all instances that should be connected to the database.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Keith,

Both our UCMDB instances are connected to the same DB.

This issue was resolved by stopping the UCMDB service on both servers, running the DB config wizard (Connect to existing schema) on both the servers and starting the service. The CI counts are now the same!

Thanks for all your help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.