Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

HP UD 10.10 - Question on DB size

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can anyone please check your CMDB size (preferably Oracle) and give me an approximate ?

Our DB administrator wants to know the anticipated organic growth of the DB for the next 6 months.

I know this is an environment specific question. Lets say I discover 1000 Servers during the first week and then consequently discover 10000 servers over the next 6 months.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Based on some samples from the clients I tried to create the draft statistics for UCMDB DB space used (please consider the attached picture).
The information is not very accurate because I haven't all the information for these clients.

Some parameters which can to affect the space used are:

- number of attributes populated for each CI type.
- number of CI.
- number of history months for CI data.

I hope these information could help you.

Best regards,

Johnny

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi there,

Thank you for share this question.

As you already stated, this is a very specific question. It depends of many different factors.

From support side, I am unable to answer that questions.

I hope other person can answer this question and may be more advised on this matter.

Otherwise, you also have the option to open a support case. The engineer have the sufficient resources to answer all your doubts.

Regards,

HC

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Based on some samples from the clients I tried to create the draft statistics for UCMDB DB space used (please consider the attached picture).
The information is not very accurate because I haven't all the information for these clients.

Some parameters which can to affect the space used are:

- number of attributes populated for each CI type.
- number of CI.
- number of history months for CI data.

I hope these information could help you.

Best regards,

Johnny

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Johnny and Hugo,

Appreciate your replies.

That gives me enough information to come up with a convincing answer.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.