Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP UD uCMDB 10.10 Integration with BSM 9.23

Hi Experts,

We are to trying to integrate HP UD 10.10 with BSM 9.23. We want to populate the CI's from CMDB into BSM 9.23 to be used with OMi. HP UD is populating data in to uCMDB.

We have followed the below steps until now :

1. Created new integration point on UCMDB console and selected the BSM/uCMDB9.x/Push adapter.

2. Created a scheduled job and used "Basic Infrastructure Sync" and "Infrastructure Sync" but unable to populate data in BSM's IT universe.

3. Used the DFP as is in the Integration Point dialogue box. Nothing.

4. Tried to stop the DFP service and then started the integration service. Selected Integration service in the new integration point. Not working.

Queries :

1. Do we need a "separate DFP for the integration" and "separate to use discovery" with uCMDB ?

2. If a single probe is needed, do we need to change the port for the DFP ? IF yes, where can i find the procedure for the same. If separate probes are needed, what is the process ?

3. We want to push data from uCMDB into the BSM, so, DATA PUSH should be used or something else ?

Checked all the documents. Can't seem to make it work.

Is there anything i am missing ?

Thanks in advance !

Priyesha

Tags (4)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: HP UD uCMDB 10.10 Integration with BSM 9.23

1. Do we need a "separate DFP for the integration" and "separate to use discovery" with uCMDB ?

DG> No.

2. If a single probe is needed, do we need to change the port for the DFP ? IF yes, where can i find the procedure for the same. If separate probes are needed, what is the process ?

DG> You have to use probe for the integration. In my opinion using of UCMDB as a system initiating integration will be beneficial, since you're using UCMDB 10.10 when BSM 9.23 has UCMDB codebase of 9.05 inside. So more defects fixed. Please be aware that integration is biderectional no matter which system will be initiating.

3. We want to push data from uCMDB into the BSM, so, DATA PUSH should be used or something else ?

DG> If the integration configured on UCMDB side (using UCMDB probe) and you wnat to move CIs from UCMDB to BSM use PUSH.

I'm attching HP BSM 9.23 Data Flow Management guide  to the post. You can get more info including best practicies doc on HP SSO at http://support.openview.hp.com/sc/solutions/integrations.jsp?intid=328 .

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Dima,

If the integration is biderectional, please let me know the procedure for the same.

Also, please let me know do we need to change the port of Integration probe and data flow probe. If yes, please tell us the procedure for the same.

Thanks,
Priyesha
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Every integration point could be configured as pull or push. This is a biderectional part. Create two one for push, another for pull of the data.

All your question have an answers in documentation provided in my previous post. please be sure you're familiar with docs. I'll be happy to answer specific questions, but see no point to copy-paste documentation here at the forum  thread.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.