Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

HP Universal Discovery 10.10 - DB error during installation

Hi experts,

I was trying to install UD 10.10 on a windows 2012 server. I ended up with an error message during the DB configuration. I have the following questions before I start troubleshooting the error.

1: Since this is a test deployment, I have installed MS SQL Server 2015 Express and the UD 10.10 on the same server. 

a> Is MS SQL Server 2015 Express supported ?

b> Is it ok to instal both the app and DB on the same server.

I have followed the steps on the Deployment guide and the initial installation of the App completes successfully. When we are prompted for the DB parameters, I type in the DB hostname\instancename, port and DB name with MS SQL credentials and this is when it fails.

Another interesting thing is, startup.log is not created after the installation finishes. Is this normal ?

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Praveen,

we don't support ms sql 2015.

for 10.20

We support ms sql 2014 , 2012, 2008 and so on. more detail please check support doc for the version of ucmdb you are going to install.

having db, and app sever in the same machine. This could cause big performance issue. technicaly it can work as long as there is no port conflick but it may not be good practice.

Thanks,

Yilmaz

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Yilmaz,

Appreciate your reply.

I checked the support matrix for 10.10 and 10.11. I do not see MS SQL 2014 either. Please take a look at the attached pdf's and advise.

I have also attached screen shots that shows the error and I see the below message on error.log.

2015-02-12 18:48:01,040 [AWT-EventQueue-0] (ConnectionPoolManager.java:398) WARN - Can't read connection pool config file from ../conf/connection_pool.conf, will work with defaults
java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\conf\connection_pool.conf (The system cannot find the path specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:97)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.ConnectionPoolManager.readPoolConfigFile(ConnectionPoolManager.java:364)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.ConnectionPoolManager.createObjectPool(ConnectionPoolManager.java:305)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.ConnectionPoolManager.initializePool(ConnectionPoolManager.java:173)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.ConnectionPoolManager.createPool(ConnectionPoolManager.java:165)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.ConnectionPoolManager.<init>(ConnectionPoolManager.java:109)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.ConnectionPoolManager.<init>(ConnectionPoolManager.java:95)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.ConnectionPoolManager.<init>(ConnectionPoolManager.java:91)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.ConnectionPoolFactory.canConnectUsingAdminDatabaseContext(ConnectionPoolFactory.java:51)
at com.hp.ucmdb.management.impl.DatabaseManagementImpl.canConnectUsingAdminDatabaseContext(DatabaseManagementImpl.java:136)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at com.hp.ucmdb.management.impl.CmdbManagementImpl$ContextClassLoaderInvocationHandler.invoke(CmdbManagementImpl.java:82)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0.canConnectUsingAdminDatabaseContext(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.config_wizard.backend.api.ConfWizServerAPI.checkCmdbCredentials(ConfWizServerAPI.java:116)
at com.hp.config_wizard.backend.api.ConfWizServerAPI.createOrConnectSchemas(ConfWizServerAPI.java:61)
at com.hp.config_wizard.ui.frame.CreateSchemas.onFinish(CreateSchemas.java:240)
at com.hp.config_wizard.ui.frame.CreateSchemas.access$800(CreateSchemas.java:29)
at com.hp.config_wizard.ui.frame.CreateSchemas$3.performFinishActions(CreateSchemas.java:195)
at com.hp.server_tools.common.components.wizard.WizardDlg.onFinish(WizardDlg.java:222)
at com.hp.server_tools.common.components.wizard.WizardDlg.access$300(WizardDlg.java:18)
at com.hp.server_tools.common.components.wizard.WizardDlg$4.actionPerformed(WizardDlg.java:90)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2018)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2341)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6505)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3321)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6270)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4861)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4832)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4492)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4422)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2273)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:729)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:688)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:686)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:702)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:700)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:699)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Please try to create the database with SA user :

user name: sa
Password: ??????

Also, please provide the version for the jdbc drivers: name of mcsqlserver-5.1.3.0079.jar  from \HP\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\lib \

The latest MSSQL version supported for UCMDB 10.20 is MSSQL 2014.

Thanks,

Johnny

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.