Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

HP Universal Discovery: Import from Excel Workbook

Version: HP UD 10.20.480

UD CP 15.00.123

Hello,

A couple questions about "Import from Excel Workbook" integration adapter.

1: Is there a limit on the number of rows an excel spreadsheet can have ? I am concerned about the chunk size that gets processed and the associated job timeout setting.

2: Can one integration point process multiple spreadsheets ?

For example,

I have D:\Excel_import\Node1.xlsx in the File Name field in the Integration Point. I have 3 more files(Node 2, 3 and 4) to be loaded. I had split them into chunks of 4000 rows each (Just one column called name).

So, do I need to create 3 more integration points is my question.

Kindly oblige.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

HP Universal Discovery: Import from Excel Workbook

Hello Praveen ,

I hope you are doing well .

The number of the rows is the official Excel limit . We only have the possibility to export / import one excel spreadsheet.

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: HP Universal Discovery: Import from Excel Workbook

Hi Melissa,

Appreciate your reply. 

So, are you saying I can have any number of rows (CIs to be created) on a single excel spreadsheet without any limitation ?

UCMDB would process all the CIs without any performance issues ?

If that happens, easy for me so that I don't have to split the spreadsheet up and create multiple Integration points.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.