Highlighted
Frequent Visitor..
Frequent Visitor..

HP Universal Discovery License Summary & Licensed OSI report shows different License count

Hi,

I am using HP Universal Discovery 10.31. I am facing an issue regarding to License utilization.

When I check License Summary, it shows me that 45k Universal Discovery Licenses are utilized but when I export Licensed OSI Report, it shows 41k CI Instances. Why there is difference in both reports? Also what is the interval when License Summary is refereshed?

Attached screenshot for reference.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor..
Frequent Visitor..

Re: HP Universal Discovery License Summary & Licensed OSI report shows different License count

Also is there any job which can be triggered to refresh the License Summary?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: HP Universal Discovery License Summary & Licensed OSI report shows different License count

Hello, did you find the way how to invoke license recalculation? Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

The license report is real time.

The license summary dialog is based on a cache which is refreshed once a day.  (performance consideration)

The period is configurable from UI, the Infrastructure settings, search for “The cron expression of the licensing calculation scheduler."

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.