Highlighted
New Member.

HP uCMDB : Discovery jobs not running - Issue with probe

Jump to solution

HP uCMDB: 9.05.CUP12.351

DDM Content Pack: 11.08.802

Hi all,

There is an issue with our dev environment. Looking at the below error messages, it seems like a DB problem. I have attached the probe-error.log.

Can someone figure what is going on here. The Data Flow Probe Status shows its connected but doesn't list all the scheduled or running jobs like usual.

140224 13:48:31 [ERROR] e:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\MySQL\bin\mysqld.exe: Table '.\probemgr\qrtz_fired_triggers' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
140224 13:48:31 [ERROR] e:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\MySQL\bin\mysqld.exe: Table '.\probemgr\qrtz_fired_triggers' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

I stopped and started the probe once but didn't help. Should I restart the UCMDB_Probe_db service as well ?

Kindly oblige.

Praveen

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: HP uCMDB : Discovery jobs not running - Issue with probe

Jump to solution

I'd suggest following set of actions:

- Check that there is a free disk drive space on the disk where probe installed

- Stop the probe, and run clearprbedata script. It will recreate probe DB.

If the problem persist let us know.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

I'd suggest following set of actions:

- Check that there is a free disk drive space on the disk where probe installed

- Stop the probe, and run clearprbedata script. It will recreate probe DB.

If the problem persist let us know.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Dima.

Running ClearProbeData.bat helped. The drive has 2.33GB free space. Isn't that good enough for the probe DB ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

It is depending on amount of data going through the probe. What the disk size is?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution
The E drive on which the probe is installed is 38.5GB in size, out of which 2.30GB is free. There are some old versions of the probe installed. I should clean that up and make some more space.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Dima,

I ran into the same issue again. I had cleaned this drive 3 days ago and freed about 4Gb of disk space. Now, E: is back to 0kb.

I notice that about 25gb is eaten by .hprof files in the bin folder. Please see attachment.

Do you know what these files are and any harm in deleting them ?

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Dear Praveen,

.hprof files is a Java memory dump. You probe is runninng out of memory for last 3 months.

Please remove those files as a first step.

Then stop the probe and open C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\bin\WrapperEnv.conf for editing.

You're looking for following strings:

set.GATEWAY_MAX_MEM=1024

set.MANAGER_MAX_MEM=1024

If you are on UCMDB 9.X raise the value to 1400. On UCMDB 10 the value could be bigger.

Please also insure that in case your probe running on VMware the MIN value for those parameters should be the same to MAX.

Start the probe.

After this please monitor for new .hprof files and content of C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\runtime\log\jvm_statistics.log file.

You are looking for low HEAP FREE memory when TOTAL and MAX has the same value:

<2014-02-24 15:00:07,302> [DEBUG] [Timer-1] (JVMMonitorInfo.java:14) - HEAP - [USAGE: 371.7, FREE: 609.1, TOTAL: 980.9, MAX: 989.9];

In case the probelem will persist, support case need to be open.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution
Great!
Thank you for the troubleshooting steps.

Question about the below setting: On what basis do we select these values ? Why did you suggest 1400 ? I have done something like this on BSM based on the RAM available on the system.
set.GATEWAY_MAX_MEM=1024
set.MANAGER_MAX_MEM=1024
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

1440 is maximum available memory on 32-bit Java systems. Going on the top is usually bad practice, so 1400 is a best practice.

Please be sure you have no comm log creation enabled to Always for big discovery jobs...

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution
Thank Dima, for the clarification.
Changing the settings has helped and I have disabled the Comm logs for certain jobs as well.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.