Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

HP uCMDB : How does the probe's memory work ?

Hello everyone,

Version:

uCMDB 9.05.CUP12.351; DDM Content Pack 11.08.802

This question is w.r.t. integrating HP uCMDB with Service Now.

Here is a brief summary of what we've got so far:

1: We pushed around 200 CIs(Business Application CIs and Unix CIs) and 100 relationships from a test uCMDB instance to a test Service Now instance.

2: For some technical reasons, the data in Service Now CMDB was purged (All the CIs were deleted).

3: To my knowledge, the uCMDB probe will cache the sys IDs of the CIs and the relationships in its mysql db.

4: Now lets say, we re-push about 120 CIs and 120 relationships (20 new CIs and relationships along with the 100 old ones). The log summary says, 20 Inserts, 100 updated, 0 deleted which makes point 3 sensible.

Although, the CIs were deleted from SNow CMDB, the probe still thinks they exist because of their old Sys ID's. The result after the second push is as follows:

i> All 120 CIs show up in the Service Now CMDB but only the new relationships(20) are created. This, I think is because, uCMDB is trying to connect the CIs using the sys IDs of the old relationships.

ii> I tried to solve this issue by running clearprobecache.bat, uninstalling and re-installing the uCMDB probe
but it did not help me.

Now, my question is:

Where is the memory located ? On the probe or on the server ? And, how do I clear it so that my next Integration push job is clean.

Kindly oblige.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: HP uCMDB : How does the probe's memory work ?

Hi again,

Can anybody help me understand the concept and troubleshoot this issue we are facing, kindly ?

Thanks,
Praveen
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.