Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

HP uCMDB : How is the node_role attribute calculated ?

Jump to solution

HP uCMDB: 9.05.CUP14.412

DDM Content Pack: 11.14.874

Hi everyone,

I am curious to know how and where the node_role attribute is calculated.

I see the description as follows, "This describes all possible role a node can have such as router, switch, firewall, etc.. Users can also add additional capabilities to the Node on the fly for their own purposes. For example, they may want to identify a device as CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) and will add a capability called isCPE."

Where would I do it If I were to add additional roles to the node. Also, is this attribute assigned to a discovered device by the Host Connection by jobs* scripts ?

Kindly oblige.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: HP uCMDB : How is the node_role attribute calculated ?

Jump to solution

Hi Praveen,

It seems in 9.05 version do not have that topic. I have tried to find the same topic in 9.05 but it is nowhere.

The picture that i sent you is in 10.01. I have copy it to a word file and attached it below. Kindly see it.

Best Regard,

Hoang.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.*
*If you feel the post is helpful, please assign a KUDO star to say "Thanks"*

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Praveen,

Could you please share with me where do you see the description?

If you add additional capabilities to the Node, i think we should change something scripts of the jobs to get the attribute.

I will find more information about this and get back soon.

Best Regards,

Hoang.

*HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.*
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hi Hoang,

Good morning.
You can find the description in CI Type manager --> Node -->Attributes --> NodeRole

If you can highlight the lines on the script (not sure which one) where this attribute is being calculated, It would be of great help.

Thanks,
Praveen
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution
Howdy!

Any explanation to my question about Node Role attribute ?

Thanks,
Praveen
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Praveen,

The node role value will be filled when you run the job to discover the node. Regarding to the description, that means you can add more role for a node manually for your own purposes.

There are some example that you can find in Help -> Help on this page... -> Search Discovery Rules Syntax

The following example sets the values of os_description, os_vendor, os_family attributes and appends desktop and nt to the node_rule attribute when a discovered node CI has the discovered_os_name starting with Windows 2000 Professional.

I hope this helpful to your concern.

Best Regards,

Hoang.

*HP Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Hoang,

This looks like something that would be very useful to me. Thanks for your time.

However, when i search for Discovery Rules Syntax from Help -> Help on this page, it lists around 296 topics.

I went throught the first few to check the example that you'd mentioned but couldn't find it.

Is Discovery Rules Syntax a topic on its own ?

I'm on the below version by the way.

HP uCMDB: 9.05.CUP14.412

DDM Content Pack: 11.14.874

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Praveen,

It seems in 9.05 version do not have that topic. I have tried to find the same topic in 9.05 but it is nowhere.

The picture that i sent you is in 10.01. I have copy it to a word file and attached it below. Kindly see it.

Best Regard,

Hoang.

*HP Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hey Hoang,

You're awesome!
Thanks for all your support and help.

Thanks,
Praveen
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.