Highlighted
New Member.

HP uCMDB - Range IPs by ICMP Ping - Timeout

Jump to solution

Hello all,

Version:

uCMDB: 9.05.CUP12.351

DDM Content pack: 11.0.802

I have 8 probes on which we run all the discovery jobs.

The Range IPs by ICMP job runs succesfully but times out after 7200 seconds(2 hours). This shows up as a warning on the Discovery status.

What does this imply ? Does the jobs complete or stops when it hits the 2 hour mark ?

Job was running more than 7200000 msec    discoveryprobegateway    XYZ_Probename  Timeout  false   Warning    33    11/25/2013 01:00:28 AM

I would like to change the time out to 4 hours instead, where can I find the settings ?

Kindly oblige.

Thanks,

Praveen

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: HP uCMDB - Range IPs by ICMP Ping - Timeout

Jump to solution
To my knowledge, if it is listed in the "Completed Line" then it ran through but it just counts as "Completed Successfully with Warnings".

You can rightclick the warning -> Adapter - Adapter Configuration and there is a max. execution time field.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
hi, this post belongs in the uCMDB forum, please post it there:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/uCMDB/ct-p/ucmdb
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution
To my knowledge, if it is listed in the "Completed Line" then it ran through but it just counts as "Completed Successfully with Warnings".

You can rightclick the warning -> Adapter - Adapter Configuration and there is a max. execution time field.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi BK,

Thanks for the reply. That looks like the exact setting I'm looking for.

Appreciate your time.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.