Praveen_Shan
New Member.

HP uCMDB : Unable to push SNMP agents and relationships via 'Import from Excel workbook' adapter

Jump to solution

HP uCMDB: 9.05.CUP12.351

CP 11.08.802

Hi everyone,

I need to push a bunch of dummy routers, snmp agents and composition relationships into uCMDB for testing purposes.

I have everything setup but the integration job throws out a couple errors.

1: ValueError: Attribute: "root_container" is a key value in snmp but IS MISSING from the spreadsheet; sheet will be skipped.

So, I added a column for root_container although I don't know what these values look like. Checked in production but I can't values for this attribute in any of the SNMP agent's properties.

2: After adding a column for root_container, I bumped into a warning: "failed to resolve object container".

3: Key value root_container for OSH snmp is not set
<2014-02-13 09:48:32,185> [WARN ] [JobExecuterWorker-0:DS_custom_XLS_Adapter_SN_Dummy_Import topology from Excel Workbook] - OSH at snmp 2 does not have all key attributes

My questions are:

a> What are the key attributes that I need to have on my Excel workbook for SNMP ?

b> What is OSH ? (Sorry, if this is a very basic question)

c> Does the attached spreadsheet look good ?

Kindly oblige

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Praveen_Shan
New Member.

Re: HP uCMDB : Unable to push SNMP agents and relationships via 'Import from Excel workbook' adapter

Jump to solution

Hi Dima,

Good morning.

I appreciate your reply. I understand what is missing. As you said, we need to send the router along with the SNMP CI because it cannot go without its container.

Although,  I was doing this, the reconciliation rule was expecting more data and hence couldn't create the CIs. I added another attribute column called discovered_product_name and its combination with root_container did the trick. It is well documented in the Import Data from Excel Workbook manual.

Thanks for your help,

Praveen

0 Likes
2 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Dima Gomel Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: HP uCMDB : Unable to push SNMP agents and relationships via 'Import from Excel workbook' adapter

Jump to solution

SNMP is software running on the computer. It can't exist without host. You have to push it with host CI.

Root-container is UCMDB id of computer in previous example, but you couldn't use it. It's enough to create composition link between SNMP and Host CIs.

OSH or OSHV stands for Object State Holder Vector this is XML representation of CI sent between script, probe and server. You could see an example of OSHV in any commnication log under <results> tags.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Highlighted
Praveen_Shan
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Dima,

Good morning.

I appreciate your reply. I understand what is missing. As you said, we need to send the router along with the SNMP CI because it cannot go without its container.

Although,  I was doing this, the reconciliation rule was expecting more data and hence couldn't create the CIs. I added another attribute column called discovered_product_name and its combination with root_container did the trick. It is well documented in the Import Data from Excel Workbook manual.

Thanks for your help,

Praveen

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.