Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP uCMDB licensing question

Jump to solution

Hi

I am trying to figur out the licensing with HP uCMDB. As I understand the licensing works based on OS numbers. From JMX console i can see that Universal Discovery is 50, which means i can discover 50 OS right? AS i was trying to discover 2 servers, but it failed and the log said that I have already reached the limit. So I made a query and check that my predeseccor has already discovered 75 OS which are greated or update by HP universal discovery.(Probably had some kind of different triallicense thats why the number is higher) IF i delete these will i be able to rediscover servers and is there another option eg i mark them some how as old so i would not lose them. (They are out of date but the idea for keeping them is because of some views my predeseccor has greated from which i still have alot to learn from).

Bests

stream0

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: HP uCMDB licensing question

Jump to solution

Dear Stream0,

You have two options:

1. You could delete all servers discovered earlier (all views will stay in the system) and discover two that you really need.

2. You could buy appropriate license according to amount of OSs that you planing to discover and go forward.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Dear Stream0,

You have two options:

1. You could delete all servers discovered earlier (all views will stay in the system) and discover two that you really need.

2. You could buy appropriate license according to amount of OSs that you planing to discover and go forward.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi

That's what i was afraid of. I just didnt want to delete them before confirmation.

Bests
stream0
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.