Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
756 views

HPSM Enhanced adapter won't connect

Jump to solution

We're using UCMDB 10.20 and connecting to HPSM 9.40.  When I try to set up an Integration Point using the ServiceManagerEnhancedAdapter9-x adapter, and try the Test Connection button, I get a rather useless generic error message:

com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.request.ProbeSideProcessorException: [ErrorCode [802] General
Integration Error{SM_940_Enh}]
test connection of connector failed!

--- Start of probe-side exception
---
com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.fcmdb.dataAccess.exception.AdapterAccessGeneralException: [ErrorCode
[802] General Integration Error{SM_940_Enh}]
test connection of connector failed!

...

 

However, when we use the older ServiceManagerAdapter9-x adapter (I know, it's only for SM 9.3x or earlier) it connects just fine.  Both adapters use the exact same connection parameters and attempt to connect to the exact same SM host server.  Any thoughts on why the older adapter works, but the newer one we should be using doesn't?  Any ideas where I could be looking for an underlying cause?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HPSM Enhanced adapter won't connect

Jump to solution

I found the problem.  I knew it had to be something fundamental.

I created my integration user operator account in SM by copying the falcon account.  I made the mistake of assuming that the falcon account would have the RESTful API capability word attached as well as the SOAP API capability word.  The older adapter uses the SOAP APIs where the Enhanced adapter uses RESTful.

 

Once I added the RESTful capability word to the integration user, the adapter connected right away.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HPSM Enhanced adapter won't connect

Jump to solution

I found the problem.  I knew it had to be something fundamental.

I created my integration user operator account in SM by copying the falcon account.  I made the mistake of assuming that the falcon account would have the RESTful API capability word attached as well as the SOAP API capability word.  The older adapter uses the SOAP APIs where the Enhanced adapter uses RESTful.

 

Once I added the RESTful capability word to the integration user, the adapter connected right away.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.