Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hard Disk and Hard Serial Number is Not Discovered on Linux machine

Hi Experts,

We are using UCMDB 11 with CP 26.  We are running Agentless Discovery and are able to Discover "Hard Disk" and its "Serial Number" details for Windows machine.   But we are unable to Discover the "Hard Disk" and its "Serial Number" details for Linux machine.  

Host Resources and Applications job is bringing the Hard Disk and Serial Number details for Windows.  But im unable to find the command to get the Hard Desk and Serial Number details in the Script.   

Would you please help me discover Hard Disk and Serial Number for Linux machine.   Thanks. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello

If you already have enabled the option to discovery all the feature on the scan file and the information is not comming up, you should araise an enhacement request into our Idea portal

CMS Idea Exchange - Micro Focus Community

Kindly Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

They are using agentless discovery, where no scan files exist. 

I've checked the python scripts. The data from the disks is taken by the "df -k" linux command, where no serial number is available. You can either raise a CMS improvement idea, or you can develop a small addition to the script to do that. Contact me if you need help.

Regards,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.