Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Help Needed to Authorize the CI's

Dear All,

We have disocvered the CI's usings uCMDB 10.33 with Default Client(Actual). Now our Configuration Manager wants to push the CI to SM only the Authorize CI's.

How to achieve this. I have installed Configuartion Manager on top of UCMDB 10.33 and which is connecting to same database. but when i login to UCMDB with Default Client(Authorize)., I am not able to see any CI's over here.

Please help me to Authorize the CI's.

Any help and documents related to this is helpfull

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Indra

Indrakumar
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Help Needed to Authorize the CI's

Hello Indra,

Thanks for use our forum community.  Regarding your question I want to know :

1. Are you alreay push the CIs to SM from UCMDB?

2.  I do not understand you you are not able to see the CIs in UCMDB if it is the source of the data and the target is SM.

Please can you clearify a bit all the procedure and where is data and where you want to push it,  and the part of the authorized CIs.

Regards

Allan Alberto Rojas Vargas

UCMDB Engineer L1

allan-alberto.rojas.vargas @microfocus.com

Microfocus values your feedback regarding your overall Support experience. Contact us at software.satisfaction@microfocus.com or my manager vega@microfocus.com directly

• Call the HP Response Center at 1-800 633 3600
  • Say, “Existing Case”
  • Enter Case ID

• Ask for the person taking your call to engage the HP Software Support Engineer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Dear Allan,

Thank you for the reply

We have not pushed any CI's from UCMDB to SM yet. When I login to UCMDB with the Defalut client as Actual i am able to see the CI's discovered. But when i login as Authorized i am not able to see the any CI and we want to push the CI's from Authorized mode rather than the Actual mode.

I hope this makes you understand better.

Thank you.

Regards,

Indra

Indrakumar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi, 

there are two ways to implement authorization of the CIs. You can use the undeveloped ConfigurationManager product and use policies to move CIs from Actual to Authorized state and then move them with an Integration to SM. 

The second more used way is to send everything from Actual state to SM and then if there is an unauthorized change, use SM functionality to raise an incident about it.

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.