Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hide an attribut for the Browser based on criteria

Jump to solution

Hello

I'm wondering if there is a way to :

- create an attribute for a type of CI

- show/hide this attribute for end user on the browser base on some criteria on those CI

I've a request to create an attribut on "computer" CI but this information is only for VM on VMWare.

So I would like to hide this attribut for the other "computer" CI

I'm just wondering if it's possible with an unknown feature ? Or if I have to say that is not possible to the requester

Thanks in advance

Erwan Le Baron (Geodis)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Hide an attribut for the Browser based on criteria

Jump to solution

Hi Erwan,

if you create an attribute, it is available for all the subclasses. You can make the attribute not visible in CMS UI through the qualifiers in the CI Type Manager - "CMS Browser Visible" unchecked. Then you can check this option only for the classes on VMs. This is currently available based on class

The other option is to hide all the attributes when the values are empty - "Show attributes that have no value" Infrastructure setting. So this will work if you have both VMs and physical machines in unix class, but it will work for all attributes, not only the one you created.

Regards,

Petko

Likes are appreciated!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Erwan,

if you create an attribute, it is available for all the subclasses. You can make the attribute not visible in CMS UI through the qualifiers in the CI Type Manager - "CMS Browser Visible" unchecked. Then you can check this option only for the classes on VMs. This is currently available based on class

The other option is to hide all the attributes when the values are empty - "Show attributes that have no value" Infrastructure setting. So this will work if you have both VMs and physical machines in unix class, but it will work for all attributes, not only the one you created.

Regards,

Petko

Likes are appreciated!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for this quick answer.

I'm not sure to understand what stand for "class"

What do you mean by "Class" ? Do you have documents links for understand what is that and how to configure and manage it ?

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

class = CI Type

subclass =  child of a CI Type

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarification

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.