Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Host Connection job does not create NTCMD shell

I am attempting to run the inventory scanner on a number of devices and typically run the host connection job prior to the inventory job to get the appropriate trigger.   I just ran into a situation where the host connection job did not create the shell CI, thus no trigger for the inventory.

Looking at the communication log for the host connection job I see the following line:

Host topology will be reported without NTCMD CI.  Any ideas why this would be happening?  I'm running the host connection job using NTCMD creds.  Any ideas how to get the inventory job to trigger?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Host Connection job does not create NTCMD shell

hello,

Can you atatch the whole comm log? That would be helpful..

Dima

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Host Connection job does not create NTCMD shell

Found that this was due to the IP range being NAT'd.  When network translation is detected the host connection job does not create the shell CI.  However there is a configuration file on the probe that can be updated with the NAT'd range to allow the creation of the shell.  I made the update and all is well.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.