Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Host connection by WMI (error)

Hi,

I'm new to uCMDB and i'm not able to trouble shoot some errors.

<< Progress message, Severity: Warning>>
WMI: No agent on the remote machine.

<< Progress message, Severity: Fatal>>
Triggered CI invoked on discovery job does not meet the discovery adapters inputTQL

Host connection by WMI is showing lot of error message.

What i need to do for this? How to start looking into this.

Regards,

Kunj

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Any replies for this issue? I am facing the same.

Regards

Mathew

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Below is a note from the Data Flow Management Guide:

A Trigger query associated with a job is a subset of the Input query, and defines which specific CIs
should automatically trigger a job. That is, if an Input query queries for IPs running SNMP, a Trigger
query queries for IPs running SNMP in the range 195.0.0.0-195.0.0.10.

Note: A Trigger query must refer to the same objects as the Input query. For example, if an
Input query of an adapter queries for IPs running SNMP, you cannot define a Trigger query for
an associated job to query for IPs connected to a node. This is because some of the IPs may
not be connected to an SNMP object, as required by the Input query.

Was there any change done to the Trigger query ? Also, can you please post the probeMgr-adaptersDebug.log and probe-error.log from the probe server @E:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\runtime\log

Mentioning the uCMDB and content pack versions would help HP experts to answer you faster.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

UCMDB 9.05 CUP 12.351 and CP 11.10.

Please find the log file's uploaded.

Thank You.

Regards

Mathew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Methew,

I can't find the same error in your logs...

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Dima,

Please let me know the logs you would like to look at. I will upload them, WMI still faces issues.

Regards

Mathew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hey Matthew
Generally there are two common reasons I am aware of for this.
1. Permissions are not set up correctly on the box you are trying to interogate.  RPC is blocked.
2. Firewall is closed to RPC, Port 135 (I think)

To work out which one I try to work with either the firewall guy or the server guy.  Ask them to give full access momentarily.  If it works you know it is that guys area.  If not try the reverse

Louis

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

According to Microsoft it is always a firewall issue:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394603(v=vs.85).aspx

See the first entry in the table at the bottom of the page

Louis

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.