Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hosting UCMDB Azure Cloud

Hello Experts,

Just looking for thoughts and experience with hosting UCMDB / UD in the Azure environment.  Is anyone doing this?  Have you had any issues?  Items to look out for?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Hosting UCMDB Azure Cloud

Hello ,

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02702702

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Thanks Melissa,

This question is not regarding how to discover the Azure environment but rather whether anyone has installed their UCMDB on the Azure cloud and any positive / negative experiences they might have.  Did you have any throughput issues trying to discover?  Any pain points they encountered, etc.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I know that CMS 11.0 was tested in Azure with DBs on PaaS and IaaS and there were no problems found.
If you have a probe in Azure which should discover the Azure env then there are a few tricks on how to connect to that probe.

I'm not aware of any network traffic related issues. Is traffic charged in Azure? Would you like to have a low traffic between the Azure Probe and on-premise UCMDB server because it's cheaper?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Thanks Bogdan,

You mention in your post,  "If you have a probe in Azure which should discover the Azure env then there are a few tricks on how to connect to that probe."  Can you elaborate on these tricks?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Bob,

there is an internal document which initially was about to hit the shelves but I see that it's still internal. I was one of the reviewers and I was almost convinced that it reached the CP27 documentation. I will have to check on that and get an update if it will be made public.

In simple terms, it describes detailed steps on how to configure an SSH tunnel between the Azure env and the private standalone UCMDB env and how to allow the communication between these 2 isolated environments. It works and it's actually implemented in some environments.

If I forget about it, please give me a heads up on the forum. Time is short but I will try to get to the bottom of this. 

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Good Morning Bogdan,

Still trying to figure out this Azure discovery architecture.  Just curious whether this document is available yet?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.