Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How Do I Capture the Tech Support and Business Stakeholder for an Application w the OOTB Data Model

Probably a simple question, however I find myself getting hung up on the out of the box method to appropriately capture the technical support for an application vs the business stakeholder, company, etc.

Can someone capture a quick screenshot or help explain the relationships and CI's used to acheive relationship to various stakeholders within an application model?  I appreciate it!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: How Do I Capture the Tech Support and Business Stakeholder for an Application w the OOTB Data M

Hello Ryan ,

I hope you are doing well .

I am an UCMDB Support representative, and I will be researching according to your question.

Please give me a bit more time and I’ll be back as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: How Do I Capture the Tech Support and Business Stakeholder for an Application w the OOTB Data M

Hello Ryan ,

I hope you are doing well .

I wanted to let you know that I am working diligently on Stakeholder question .

I
will respond as soon as I will have an important update. 

Thank you for your continued
patience."

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Melissa - Just a quick follow up here.  Am I asking a question that the CMDB is not designed with an ootb solution to support?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member.

Hello Ryan,

I'm assuming you are trying to map the Tech Support and Business Stakeholder to a business application.  Here is what worked for me.

1.  Create your Tech Support groups in the Functional Group CI Type.

2.  Create a pattern view for all of your business applications.

3.  Right click the functional group you want to map and select the Relate to CI option.

4.  You will get a new popup window that will show the functional groups.

5.  Change the Search field from Search CIs to Browse Views.

6.  Select the view where your business applications are located.

7.  Choose the business application and click the arrow in the middle so the target CI will be selected.

8.  Click Relationship and select Ownership.  This will populate the stakeholder field in UCMDB Browser.

Thanks,

Stuart

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.