Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

How can we discover the IMEI of an installed WWAN module?

Jump to solution

A number of our HP laptops have an HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE module installed.  We're trying to discover the IMEI of these devices.  We have some direction on how to find the number locally (see link below) but I dont know how to implement and automate this with discovery?

https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c04675222

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How can we discover the IMEI of an installed WWAN module?

Jump to solution

Hello Mike,

please submit this via Idea Exchange and we can both work something on this issue.

Data retrieval should be easy. the parsing should be quick and we will see what we can do for data modeling.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi there Mike,

I'm not aware of such a similar requirement or how we can model the IMEI information.

Should be added to the 3G interface? Should be added on the node level? Interesting scenario.

The information seems to be easy to retrieve and parse but how to model it?

Did you already have a working example?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

It is interesting as a case can be made for both.  My suggestion would be to add it as an attribute to the 3G interface and perhaps revisit the implementation once discovery of mobile devices makes it to the Discovery roadmap?

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Mike,

please submit this via Idea Exchange and we can both work something on this issue.

Data retrieval should be easy. the parsing should be quick and we will see what we can do for data modeling.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.