Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Respected Contributor.. bolonia Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

How often do you backup the BD UCMDB?

Hello to all the administrators of UCMDB and knowledgeable about this topic.

How often should I request backups to the ucmdb databases?
Should it be a daily or weekly task?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
4 Replies
popadiyski Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: DRP plan for UCMDB

HI @bolonia ,

The most important part of the UCMDB is the Database. Be sure to back it up frequently and that the restore procedures are checked in place and tested from time to time. If you have the database backup in place, you can install UCMDB for 1-2 hours. There are very few configuration files you may need during new installation - cmdb.conf(connection credentials to the DB), settings.override.properties (override settings for Infrastructure), wrapper-platform.conf (JMX Memory Settings), server.keystore, server.truststure (SSL Certs). If you have DFP in place, you may need the DataFlowProbe.properties, DataFlowProbeOverrida.properties, the keystore,trustore files and ssl.properties for the password for accessing them.

Regards,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
Likes are appreciated!
Respected Contributor.. mlukezic Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: How often do you backup the BD UCMDB?

I believe our UCMDB DB backup frequency is a full backup weekly with daily incrementals.  More frequent full backups may depend on your available resources and Database Administration policies.

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It also depends on who much data do you have and how frequent are the updates.
Even if you lose a week of discovery updates you cans till get that data from the complete Communication logs if discovery is your only source of data.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. bolonia Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

thanks, What kind of backup and how often should I apply to the DBA.
In order to execute select or truncate directly from the JMX, should I have special permission? The idea is not to be asking everything to the DBA.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.