Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

How tightly coupled is CM with Browser?

We recently upgraded to 10.21 to take advantage of the top-down discovery. I noticed that when I installed Configuration Manager, it changed the port of the UCMDB Browser. We encountered a performance issue with CM and Browser also seemed hung. How tightly coupled is CM with Browser? If I uninstall CM, does that affect my top-down discovery?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: How tightly coupled is CM with Browser?

Hi,

Can you share the exact deployment you have? Is Browser embedded or external. I mean in UCMDB and CM.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

I'm referring to the UCMDB browser which is a separate URL. We have UCMDB/UD 10.21 on Windows Server 2008. CM had an issue where it said the page was 100% loaded, it wouldn't ever serve the page up. When I went to the UCMDB browser, it exhibited the same behaviour. Once I shut down CM, I could load the UCMDB browser page...AFTER I changed the port back to it's original 8080. Apparently when I installed CM, it changed the UCMDB browser port to 8180 and I also noticed that there was a browser war file in the CM installation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

UCMDB Browser is shipped with both UCMDB and CM.  When installed you can access it from either place.  Depending on your environment, you may only want to deploy it on a third, stand-alone, system with Tomcat.  See the UCMDB Browser deployment guide for more information.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Thanks, I"ll take a look at the doc.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.