Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

How to Clone ServiceManagerAdapter9-x

Hi,

I would like to clone existing OOB UCMDB Adapter so I can make some customization not touching OOB one.

What are the exact steps to clone/rename this Adapter.

I already exported it without view and queries.

I have two folders adapterCode and discovyrePatterns.

Which of those files I have to edit and what to change so I can import it again as different Adapter?

Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: How to Clone ServiceManagerAdapter9-x

Hi Damirche ,

I hope you are doing well .

Did you try to clone the adapter with the exactly package ?

Best Regarsd,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Melissa.

Thank you for your replay.

At first attempt I when exporting package from package manager I excluded View and TQL but this was not good idea so in second attempt I exported whole package as is.

Now I want to import it with different name as totally independent and separate package.

What I have to do for achieving this?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hello Damirche , 

I hope you are doing well. 

We can create a new package  giving the package a unique name and description with the possibility to   select
the resources you want included in the package.

Best Regards , 

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.