Highlighted
New Member.

How to avoid discovering IPV6 addresses for Windows and Unix hosts ?

Hello,

uCMDB version: 9.05 CUP 12.351

DDM Content Pack 11.08.802

I see a lot of Unix hosts in our test environment that have two ip addresses connected to them. One is IPV4 and the other is IPV6. How can I control the discovery process such that it disables IPV6 and finds only IPV4's ?

Kindly oblige.

Thanks,

PKS

Tags (1)
0 Likes
25 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Verify that in your globalFiltering.xml file that

recursiveFilter="true" enableFilter="true"

Also, you will want to uncheck “Fail entire bulk if invalid Cis are found” for the adapter configuration.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

i see my recursiveFilter is set to false. let me change that to true and give it another run.

i really appreciate the help John!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.