Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

How to change sysadmin password on the Probe JMX-CONSOLE?

I was able to change the password on the Application JMX-CONSOLE, but can't find anything in the documents on how to change the password on the Probe JMX-CONSOLE.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: How to change sysadmin password on the Probe JMX-CONSOLE?

Go to the Probe's JMX http://<probe fqdn>:1977

Enter the default sysadmin credentials: sysadmin/sysadmin

Go to Data Flow Probe JMX

Go to Type=MainProbe

Locate the getEncryptedKeyPassword operation.
In the Key Password field, enter the password to be encrypted.
Click on getEncryptedKeyPassword button
The result of the invocation is an encrypted password string, for example:
55,-2,-98,33,105,-52,-74,120

Stop the probe

Add the encrypted password in the
\<DataFlowProbe>\conf\DataFlowProbe.properties file (create a backup first) in appilog.agent.Probe.JMX.BasicAuth.Pwd
For example:
appilog.agent.Probe.JMX.BasicAuth.User=sysadmin
appilog.agent.Probe.JMX.BasicAuth.Pwd=55,-2,-98,33,105,-52,-74,120
Start the Probe

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
Highlighted
New Member.

In the UCMDB Hardening guide (I'm looking at the 10.21 version, so page numbers may be different for you).

Chapter 5 - Data Flow Probe Hardening --> Set the JMX Console Encrypted Password (p. 86)

You need to find what the encrypted value of the password is and then save it in the DataFlowProbe.properties file.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

In the 10.11 manual, I only see how to GET an encryption key password, but I want to change the password.

Basically, I want to change the default password when logging into the Probe JMX-CONSOLE.

Louie

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.