marsella Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

How to disable or delete the DefaultDomain without enrichment?

Hi all,

I have many DefaultDomain type nodes created mostly by the Network Connectivity Data Analyzer job (I think this does not matter, but I wanted to name the job)

TCP.PNG

the hp / micro focus knowledge database indicates the following:

The way to eliminate them for only IP addresses that are in scope is to set the "filterP2PProcessesByName" job parameter = *

which job? Host Resources by Shell, Host Applications by Shel, Inventory Discovery by Scanner or all the previous ones?

If there is no requirement to collect them with the scanner, these can be disabled using the command line option: -excl:903 which will disable tcp/ip connectivity and option from the scanner generator Hardware Data Page- Under tree Operating System-Running Processes-tcp/ip connectivity.
To disable running process detection, use -excl:902 or uncheck the relevant option in scanner configuration.

Can someone explain this option to me?
Where do I execute that command line or what is the option because I did not find it

Have you applied these options? or have others done? can share them

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
7 Replies
popadiyski Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to disable or delete the DefaultDomain without enrichment?

The option is called discoverP2P and is used to discover TCP connections between two nodes. This happens through the netstat command output. You can stop it by setting the parameter to false p2p.PNG

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for the answer, does that mean that by applying these two options I will not have any DefaultDomain nodes again?

I think it is not useful to have this type of node, at least for the moment, I think it would be useful for the administrator of UCMDB to realize which nodes need certain permissions to be fully discovered.

Regards,

0 Likes
popadiyski Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

If the DefaultDomain x nodes are created by Host Application by Shell job, this option will resolve your issues. You can check which adapter has created your nodes by looking at Created by and Updated by attribute values.

This P2P relationship is very useful when you want to determine the dependencies between servers in your environment. You can specify the tcp ports which to be used as a source of this information - this way you can limit the connections only to a specific application such as oracle.

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I don't think anyone here is actually answering the root cause of the question.  What the heck is a "DefaultDomain" node?  These nodes are called 'weak nodes' and are basically sent with a blank node and an IP Address.  They are created by jobs (Like NCDA) where we know there is a 'node' on the other side talking on a specific IP Address.  So, we create a blank (placeholder) node with the 'DefaultDomain' or whatever your UCMDB Routing Default Domain is.  So, you get a node with a 'node_key' set to x.x.x.x DefaultDomain.

Now, the question... when you say you don't want to see them, does the display label not look nice (e.g. you'd be fine if they were called 'incomplete_node' or something) or is it more along the lines of 'I don't want to ever see weak nodes'?  If they are inside the scope of your IP Ranges, then ensure you have credentials for them and when they are discovered they will be converted into strong nodes.  If they are outside your defined IP Ranges, then add them.  IF you don't want to discover stuff outside your IP Ranges, then set the appropriate values in the NCDA job's configuration file: tcpDiscoveryDescriptor.xml.  By default it is set:

<ranges active="true">
<include>
<range>probe_ranges</range>
</include>
<exclude>
<range>outscope_clients</range>
</exclude>
</ranges>

So, you want to make sure that the <exclude> tags include:

<exclude>
<range>ddm_related_connections</range>
<range>outscope_servers</range>
<range>outscope_clients</range>
</exclude>

Then, delete all the weak nodes and rerun the discovery.  It should look better then.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
Honored Contributor.

Regards,
I think that this is not the correct option (for my case), since after eliminating all the DefaultDomain they have continued to be created by the Host Application by Shell job.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Regards,
It is definitely something that the client does not want to see (it seems something aesthetic or some disgust with the name defaultdomain), however he does not want to exclude either, he says that at the moment of needing to discover them, the corresponding process will be done.
I think the big annoyance was finding default domain nodes in Service Manager (this has already been fixed).

Regarding the option that says Petko have something to say?
Do you know her?

Thanks again

0 Likes
johnc3 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

As Keith explained, this are weak nodes and the easiest way is to filter them out with GlobalFiltering.xml.

If they are still better discovered by another disocvery flow then they will come up again but with more details so they can be used later on.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.