Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to find the port to IP address traffic

Hi Team,

We have a doubt in finding the IP address that are dependent on all opened ports for a node.

We have found the traffic between IP’s and also using ipservice end point we found the port numbers but now we have 1 more requirement..

I will give you an example so you can understand what I am trying to achieve. Please find the xls attached.

Column A: IP 10.193.25.178 is having 2 IP’s dependent on it i.e. column B. They are 10.193.25.176 and 10.193.34.158 and they are having interdependent IP’s in Column C. ( which looks fine).

We have also found the ports opened on Column A (for IP 10.193.25.178). The below ports are opened:

Now, the query is that I want to know to which IP address these ports are talking to.  Example: Port 80 is talking to x.x.x.x. port 135 is talking to x.x.x.x etc.

How can I design a view for this. The views and excel file has been attached in this email along with the description.

I am not able to get a relation between IP address and ip service end point.

Please help.

Thank You.

Regards

Mathew

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: How to find the port to IP address traffic

Hi Mathew

Try to create view containing only Ipserviceend point to Ip address .

Something Like below

Ipaddress --------------ClientServer(Relationname)-------IpServiceEndpoint

If above reflect the data then your View Should work Also please not these 2 CI types should be somehow related to each other like attached to one Node ,You can Also Do a Virtual Join on them to reflect that through Enrichment Rule .

Cheers 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

HI,

We have tried the IP to Ipservice end point via (relationship->client server) but we did not get any results.

Is there any other way around to check all the IP addresses using the ports opened on a particular server.

Regards

Mathew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi Mathew ,

Please check whether the relationship between these 2 CI types are valid from CI type Manager if not then you need to Create the relationship then run the Disocvery post which system will keep the Links Between them .

Secodn method would if its related to One Sigle Node then you can always try to Create a Virtual Join using Enrichment Rule

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Great , what you need is to do the following:

- Create a view just only include ipseviceendpoint CIT

- we will working on the attributes level , now we will only configure the report option in the view with those 2 following atrributes:
     - Display label "ip address"
     - Network port number 

finally will got a report ipaddress - port number 

Hope this is can help you

Thank you

Haytham Hosny
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

In my opinion, it's more about discovery than modelling of view/report. 

You need to run Jobs that consume tcp data...  For instance, TCP data by Shell or SNMP.  Network Connectivity Data Analyser would collect that (and most everything else)... Host Application by shell might make some of them...

Kudos goes to Keith Pascal 🙂

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi All,

Thank you all the replies. The jobs running and the webex did help us get some more data.

Thank you Dima.

Regards

Mathew

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.